Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bachelor Cooking 201: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

In true bachelor cooking fashion I drug myself out of the shop at about 7pm last night and had dinner on the table at about 7:45. I used one pot and a colander, or rather, Heidi made pasta and prepped the peas with Natty while I took a quick shower. I wrapped the sno-peas in foil with a few slices of butter and planked the zucchini about 1/4 inch thick. I also trimmed and cut the roots from a bunch of green onions and wrapped them in foil with butter as well.
I warmed the grill at the same time that I placed the zucchini in a large stainless bowl, sprinkled it with salt and pepper and drenched it in olive oil. Then I tossed the zucchini. Everything went on the grill. First the peas and green onions on high. They cooked as I carefully arranged the zucchini perpendicular to the grate on high heat as well. When the zuccs were done on one side as indicated by their softening and a noticeable grill mark, I flipped them carefully and reorganized them to accommodate a slab of local beef. Still cooking with high heat, I seared the beef on both sides flipped the peas and onions and turned the zuccs to low. When the zucchini was done I checked the onions and peas and moved everything around while the meat finished.
Dinner is served... One pot, one colander and some foil. Cook time under an hour. Hachacha.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Eat that, Chef Ramsey!